Little Miss Sunshine!!

A pinch of salt, a spoonful of sugar,a mixture of condiments,a dollop of cream... so are my stories, so are my dreams!

Friday, July 27, 2007

Raise a toast to the Boy who lived!

We waited, guessed, had premonitions, even tried to predict the ending..... and finally it was unveiled. I'm talking about the one and only "Harry potter and the deathly hallows"


The only thing i did during my flight journey was to read harry potter...You wouldn't believe but there were many other co-passengers doing the same thing. The euphoria, the rush, the hype all has come to a befitting end since i truly believe it could not have been ended in any other way. the good has once again prevailed over evil. Am i reviewing the book??? hmmm may be. I'm just jotting down my opinion about the book and the cult following for this epic.


Somewhere deep inside me, I always knew Snape was a good guy since Dumbledore believed in him. The fact that RAB referred to Regalus and that Dumbledore had truly passed away were also obvious using the clues from her previous books. but the way Harry had to be killed and was made to come back alive all over again was something i just did not expect....The imagination of the author was soaring the skies trying her best to push through the realms of reality and fiction. Somehow at the end i even felt sorry for Severus!(The first time i have ever felt that for him)


I'm glad the book did not entertain certain rumors i had heard such as Harry was the grandson of lord Voldemort or lily was a death eater who turned her back towards You-know-who etc. J.K.Rowling has proved yet again that she is truly the master of the world she has created. its funny that just as harry, we never thought of Dumbledore as a teenager either, atleast i never did.... "its as strange as imagining a polite blast ending skrewt-J.K.Rowling", that really cracked me up.


Im eternaly grateful to Rowling for the fact that she did not venture to kill Ron, Hermoine, Neville or Harry. The last few pages that dealt with their kids was as cute as ever. Wish she would write many more in this series but somehow its like the end of an era. With mixed feelings of both joy(Since goodness prevails) and sorrow(since the story has ended) I bid farewell to Harry Potter, The Boy who lived!

9 Comments:

  • At July 27, 2007 at 1:15 PM , Blogger Nivi said...

    "its as strange as imagining a polite blast ending skrewt-J.K.Rowling" or "a stupid hermoine"
    I quote. Yeah i remember!!!It was a great line.
    Coming to the book. I was amazed at the author's creativity. I will bow to her.How beautifully she had tied the knots.
    I loved that fact that she had made Dumby so human. All along he was this great wizard who was capable of no wrong. But nah!She made him human ( well that's kinda misleading, considering he is a wizard)but u know what i mean!

    THe way she had bought in Hallows and for a while mislead all of us and then went back to Horcruxes was great again. As usual Granger was right.

    I actually made my peace with Snape and Dumby. I dont know how she did that but i actually felt some respect for snape"
    I loved these lines
    "Even after all these years,Severus"Dumbledore asks
    "Always" Says Severus.

    Just one clarification needed though.
    How did regulus know about the horcrux when even bellatrix and malfoy doesnt know anything about it!!!!

    Oh my god! That was awesome.
    I loved the after nineteen years part except that i did not want it to end at all!!! Harry potter is done. I just cant believe it.:(

    My best line in the book

    "Ofcourse its happening in your mind harry, but that doesnt mean its not real"

    Made me go WOW.

     
  • At July 28, 2007 at 8:22 AM , Blogger Anu said...

    @nivi
    that is true....Dumbledore was human too...

    somehow this volume had a lot more goodness hidden in it than the previous 4 books... certain lines had a lot more impact and restored our faith back in humanity

    By the way do u have any idea what happened to the phoenix???(which belonged to dumbledore)...since it was mentioned in the last chapter of the 6th book, i was hoping it would be brought into the picture...

    anyways it was a great read! sad to realize that its over

     
  • At July 28, 2007 at 12:12 PM , Blogger Nivi said...

    The pheonix i thought was mentioned in the 6th book that it dies with dumby. I actually thought maybe it will help them again with the sword. But neville being a true griffindor , i dont think had a problem getting the sword.
    SO i think Fawkes is dead too.

     
  • At July 28, 2007 at 8:47 PM , Blogger Princess Banter said...

    I used to love Harry Potter but only read it until the 4th one. Though undeniably, Rowling is truly a gifted writer, I couldn't help but feel that her last 3 books were more written for the sake of the movies than writing as the art itself. Then again, you're right, I think people shall miss Harry Potter. I do believe that with publishers wanting to milk this, there will be some sort of spin-off somewhere... ;) Harry Potter is the cash cow, after all.

     
  • At July 31, 2007 at 12:42 AM , Blogger navien said...

    So comes the review of the book!!i haven't read this..so can't comment on this.But yeah Rowlin s one of the best writers of dis modern era..To grip the audience continuously with her each spin-off s such an amazin thing!! Hats off to her and d series though I m one such person who's not keen on readin fantasy stuff!!

     
  • At August 1, 2007 at 10:28 AM , Blogger adithya said...

    Hey.. man i think there should be someway i get to know u ahve written a story... I aint an avid blogger... anyways as for the blog story... I dont think i am the right person to comment.. and i know many of them would kill me for saying this - but I have hardly read potter... but i can raise a toast to Rowling for one thing.. this is THE ONLY book which actually had everyone from 12 to 72 ( Probably even older) going crazy over it... and I will definitely catch the book someday.. SOMEDAY.. :)

     
  • At August 2, 2007 at 3:24 PM , Blogger Anu said...

    @navien and adi
    yeah i know some havent read the book!!! sorry if i have spoiled the suspense...but i jus couldn't stop myself after having finished the book...the exhilirating feeling of having achieved somethin after months and months of wait....i jus had to raise a toast to J.K.Rowling!

     
  • At August 2, 2007 at 3:27 PM , Blogger Anu said...

    @princess
    i actually agree with u reg the first 4 books...they had a lot more innocence and a beauty of language to it

    I still remember the way she painted a whole new world with every chapter in the first book, each chapter was a story by itself but in the later books she deals more with dark arts, chases, fights and killing!

     
  • At August 4, 2007 at 1:51 PM , Blogger adithya said...

    Hey whats with the spoiling the suspense.. No probelmo.. Infact I have done it intentionally to a few people.. :D.. and yeah i did get some thrashing in return.. but sometimes its fun :D :D.. and hey absolutely ok.. it was a book which was worth raising a toast to.. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home